The Humidity and Temperature Sensor is an Arduino-compatible sensor board that carries an SHT21 digital humidity and temperature sensor from Sensirion. It has a 4-pin interface that can communicate directly with the analog pins on the Arduino.
The SHT21 utilizes a capacitive sensor element to measure humidity, while the temperature is measured by a band gap sensor. Both sensors are seamlessly coupled to a 14-bit ADC, which then transmits digital data to the Arduino over the I2C protocol. Because of the sensor¡¯s tiny size, it has incredibly low power consumption, making it suited for virtually any application.
* Energy consumption: 80 uW (at 12 bit, 3V, 1 measurement/s)
* Relative Humidity operating range: 0-100% RH
* Relative Humidity resolution of 0.03%
* Relative Humidity Response Time of 8 sec (tau 63%)
* Temperature operating range: -40 to +125¡æ
* Temperature resolution of 0.01 C
* 4 pins: +5V, GND, Clock (SCL), Data (SDA)
* Bidirectional communication over a single pin on I2C protocol
* Board is 5V tolerant, allowing sensor to run from a 5V supply on Arduino I/O pins
* Homes, basements and HVAC systems for measuring humidity
* People with physical conditions sensitive to humidity
* Home ventilating, heating and air conditioning systems
* Meteorology stations to predict or check weather temperatures
* Gardens or greenhouses to check humidity and temperatures